[Developer Newsletter] Regarding the Update of Late May
- ■[PDT] 05/24/2022 02:00
■[CET] 05/24/2022 10:00
- ■First of all,
- Greetings all pilots! I am Development Director Ota.
- I was feeling a little down after the Golden Week holiday and realized that the next national holiday is in July but、”Mobile Suit Gundam Cucuruz Doan’s Island”s launch info was shared!
I am quite excited for the new units that will appear!
- In this issue, we will provide you with various updates, including some information of the animation and program.
- ■New Ｍobile Suit “Delta Plus”, will join soon!
- “Mobile Suit Gundam UC”s “Delta Plus” will join as a new MS as a Raid unit with 650 Cost!
An all-round attack unit, with ability to transform into Wave Rider form, which can enter the atmosphere or can fly under any gravity level.
Following ReZEL, that’s added last month, this unit was also operated by “Riddhe Marcenas”.
- ＜Unit Description＞
・Source: “Mobile Suit Gundam UC”, sortie limitation “ground/space”, raid unit with cost of “650”.
- ・An Anaheim Electronics-developed prototype MS carrying on the legacy of the Z Plan.
- ・It is based on the development plans of the Delta Gundam and by reintroducing the technology of the Z Gundam series, aimed to be developed as an all-purpose attack unit, which can operate on all terrains.
- ・Equipped with highly versatile armaments (beam rifle, beam saber, and vulcan), and can also deal with various situations with it’s grenades and by using a beam cannon built into it’s shield.
- ・Can be deployed both on surface and into space.
- ※This video may not be representative of the actual product.
- ■Ground MAP “Supply Depot” is implemented!
- By the closest update New Map “Supply Depot” is scheduled to be implemented but, you might also be familiar with the name, maybe heard it somewhere.
That’s right, it will be a remake Map of the same supply depot that appeared in the previous game (It’s also my favorite map).
- Map includes a base built in a desert area, consisting various facilities by the “Above Ground Area” and “Underground Area” where supplies are stored.
Each area has it’s own characteristics, different layouts, which will be introduced here.
- ＜Map Feature ①: Above Ground Area＞
- Main battlefield on the ground is an open terrain, surrounded with facilities and containers to block lines located in various places.
Since some buildings are more than twice as high as than a MS, support and shooting aircraft can take advantage of such elevated positions to engage in battles.
Raid and melee Units can effectively approach their enemies by using facilities as shields.
- ↑Sniping from a high vantage point is powerful, but if your opponent is aware of your position, it can hide behind a cover, drastically reducing your chances of attack, so be sure to change positions.
- In addition, there are “Loading Docks leading to the entrance to underground areas”, that can lead you to underground.
These can also be used as a temporary shelter, when surrounded by enemy.
- ＜Map Feature ②: Underground Area＞
- Underground area is a small area stored with supplies, making it suitable for combat.
Although battles are mostly be fought on the ground area, underground area is recommended to use it as temporary departure from the battle line or as a surprise attack with stealth Unit.
- ↑There is also a loading door that allows direct access to the ground. It is also effective to launch an attack with assault boosters from here.
- This will be all for now. Be sure to check it out!
- ■Last but not least,
- Contents introduced will be launched by the update of [PDT] 05/25/2022 22:00 / [CET] 05/26/2022 06:00.
Thank you very much for your cooperation on that day. And finally, we have two last announcements!
- First one will be an announcement of a collaborative event.
“Mobile Suit Gundam Cucuruz Doan’s Island” will be aired in Japan on 3rd of June!
To commemorate this event, GBO2 will be offering the following items by logging in to the game during the period..
White Base Squad Uniform can be acquired!
With this event, you can also be a White Base soldier too! Please try to get the limited items.
- Second is the release of the program.
“Gundam Game Fest” program that brings the latest information about Gundam games, will be broadcasted simultaneously around the world on Friday, May 27 at 7:00 a.m. Japan time! ([PDT] 05/26/2022 15:00 / [CET] 05/26/2022 23:00)
It’s a quite difficult to watch, since it begins by 7:00 a.m.[JST] but please watch it if you’d like!
- That will be all. Please wait patiently for the next update.
- （Development Director: Ota）