[Developer Newsletter] Regarding the update in late June
- ■[PDT] 06/22/2021 02:00
- [CEST] 06/22/2021 11:00
- Hello, pilots! I’m Ohta from the Development Team. I would like to talk to you all about what’s coming in our next update!
- ■Battles have entered a new stage and various limits have been raised!
１．Maximum cost increase, 700 cost MS and battles
- GBO2 will celebrate its THIRD anniversary in July 2021! We plan on releasing a new MS with a cost of 700. We will start to introduce MS with 700 cost in the upcoming update, adding a small number of 700 cost battles to game modes (rated and quick match).
- ※Other existing MS with a cost of 700 will be added as needed.
２．Shorten the waiting time for re-launch
- In GBO2, there is a penalty for when pilots are waiting to sortie again, and since the waiting time increases in proportion to MS cost, we’ve made the following adjustments. These changes make high-cost battles easier to play.
Cost 350 or less ：No change Cost 400 ：14 sec → 13 sec Cost 450 ：15 sec → 14 sec Cost 500 ：17 sec → 15 sec Cost 550 ：19 sec → 16 sec Cost 600 ：21 sec → 17 sec Cost 650 ：22 sec → 18 sec Cost 700 ：19 sec
３．Custom parts adjustment
- There are custom parts that can be equipped on MS to enhance its performance, but some parts are not used often. The reasons being the parts having poor cost performance and effects that are not beneficial on the battlefield. Therefore, we have made adjustments to the following custom parts:
- ＜Adjusted custom parts＞
- ・Cooling System 【LV1】
- Before adjustment: 5% increase in thruster recovery speed.
After adjustment: Thruster recovery speed increased by 5%, thrusters increased by 3.
※Increased for LV2～4 as well.
- ・Special Head Armor 【LV1】
- Before adjustment: Increased head HP from 45% to 55% of unit HP.
After adjustment: Increased head HP from 45% to 55% of unit HP. Reduces damage to unit HP by 2% when hit in the head.
※Increased for LV2～3 as well.
- ・Special Back Armor 【LV1】
- Before adjustment: Increased back HP from 30% to 40% of unit HP.
After adjustment: Increased back HP from 30% to 40% of the unit HP. Reduces damage to unit HP by 2% when hit in the back.
※Increased for LV2～3 as well.
- ・Special Leg Armor 【LV1】
- Before adjustment: Increased leg HP from 60% to 65% of unit HP.
After adjustment: Increased leg HP from 60% to 65% of unit HP. Reduces damage to unit HP by 1% when hit in the legs.
※Increased for LV2～4 as well.
- ・Special Leg Armor 【LV4】
- Before adjustment: Number of parts slots consumed: Short range “10”, Medium range “5”, Long range “2”.
After adjustment: Number of parts consumed slots: Short range “6”, Medium range “5”, Long range “1”.
- ・Shield Reinforcement 【LV4】
- Before adjustment: Shield HP increased by 1000.
After adjustment: Shield HP increased by 1400.
※Increased for upper LV5 as well.
- ・New Model Frame 【LV3】
- Before adjustment: Number of parts slots consumed: Short range “1”, Medium range “2”, Long range “6”.
After adjustment: Number of parts slots consumed: Short range “1”, Medium range “2”, Long range “5”.
４．Added custom parts
- We will be adding two new custom parts! These are unusual parts that extend the time inflicted by and shorten the recovery time from uncommon conditions. They are effective when equipped on MS that have weapons that cause radar failure or spread fire.
- ＜New custom parts to be released＞
- Effect: Reduces recovery from some conditions by 20%.
Number of parts slots consumed: Short range “0”, Medium range “1”, Long range “0”.
- ・Irregular ＤＢＬ【LV1】
- Effect: Extends the duration of some conditions by 10%.
Number of parts slots consumed: Short range “0”, Medium range “1”, Long range “2”.
- ■Release of the rank “Lieutenant Colonel”
- Rank is an objective measure of how many sorties you’ve done in GBO2. Currently, about 21% of pilots have reached the Major rank, and 9% of pilots have reached Major level 24. As many have reached the upper limit, we will release the Lieutenant Colonel rank, a much higher rank than Major!
- The higher your rank, the more units you can exchange at the DP exchange window. Also, when you reach the Major rank, you could exchange DP for units that were not even lined up at the recycling window yet. And…more will be added!
- If you reach the Lieutenant Colonel rank, the following MS will be available for exchange at the DP exchange window.
■MS that can be exchanged for DP at “Lieutenant Colonel 1” or higher
・【General】COST600 Dijeh SE-R LV1 DP required：500,000 DP ・【Raid】COST600 Zeta Plus A1 LV1 DP required：500,000 DP ・【Support】COST600 ＦＡＺＺ LV1 DP required：500,000 DP
- ■Added +1 Hangar Capacity to the Premium Login Bonus!
- When clearing a certain number of monthly missions, you will be awarded with medals, and will be able to gain various effects such as increased use of encouragement and increased number of containers found.
- One of them is the Premium Login Bonus Receipt, which gives you a special item once a day when you log in to GBO2. This time, as part of our efforts to strengthen the merits awarded to those who play GBO2 often, we’ve added +1 Hangar Capacity to the Premium Login Bonus for enhanced facilities.
- The Premium Login Bonus will be updated on the 1st, 11th, and 21st of every month, and the reward for the 7th day of each month will be +1 Hangar Capacity. This is the same for medals, where the additional hangar space will be reset after one month, but you can increase your hangar capacity by 3 per month. Try to get medals as soon as possible!
- ■New MS “Zaku III Custom” will join battles soon!
- The new MS Zaku III Custom from “Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ” is scheduled to be released as a COST 650 raid unit capable of ground and space sorties! Here’s a sneak peek at its performance.
- ＜Unit description＞
・A reinforced and modified Zaku III piloted by Neo Zeon pilot, Mashymre Cello.
- ・In addition to its excellent performance as a raid unit, it is equipped with a dedicated beam rifle and Hide Bomb Custom.
- ・”Heavy Attack” is a skill for melee attacks that is triggered by holding down the attack button for a certain amount of time and then releasing it.
- ・Equipped with “Biosensor M,” a skill that is automatically activated when the unit HP falls below a specified value.
- 【Skill】 Biosensor M
When the unit HP falls below a specified value, the melee attack power is automatically increased, and the damage and reaction from ranged attacks are reduced. In addition, when your unit is destroyed, it deals explosive damage to surrounding enemies.
- ※The video represents a work in progress. It may differ from the actual game behavior.
- Closing words
- The contents introduced are scheduled for release on Thursday, June 24, 2021 (JST). I would like to say again, GBO2 will be celebrating its 3 year anniversary in July! Thank you all so much for staying with us, we are very grateful. The team is preparing for a month long celebration in July, to show our immense appreciation to our pilots. Stay tuned!
- (Development Team: Ohta)