[Developer Newsletter] Regarding the update in late February
- ■[PST] 02/23/2021 1:00
- [CET] 02/23/2021 10:00
- Hello, pilots! My name is Kanbe and I am the Development Director. First of all, I would like to apologize to the pilots who were trying to enjoy GBO2 on the new PS5 hardware, and encountered a bug that prevented normal gameplay. As the developer, I would like to express my sincere apologies for the inconvenience.
- With our February 3 update, we made some fixes to reduce the frequency of this bug. However, we have identified the problem, and the fix will be applied in the next update. Thank you so much for your patience!
There are two major topics I would like to share with this next update! The first is for GBO2 veterans, and second is for new pilots.
- ■New MS “Geymalk” joins the battle!!
- The heavy MS “Geymalk,” made by Neo Zeon for NewType that appeared in “Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ,” has entered the battle! In the original work, it is famous for its collaboration with Haman Karn’s Royal Guard MS, such as GAZ-R and GAZ-L. In addition to the countless beams and live ammunition deployed throughout its body, Geymalk is also equipped with two types of psycommu weapons, the Mother Funnel and the Chilled Funnels. In GBO2, it is a support MS that provides logistical support with its overwhelming firepower.
Automatically activates a skill when the MS HP drops below a certain value.
Extends the time locked on by the psycommu weapon, and mitigates damage and reactions from shooting attacks.
- ・【Skill】Full Power Tackle
When the aircraft HP is below a certain value, the damage tackle reacts to the damage taken.
- ※The video is under development. It may differ from the actual behavior.
- It will be available soon. Look forward to it!
- ･･･And to all of you who have been playing GBO2, let me tell you this as a thank you!
- ■GBO2 has over 3,000,000 downloads!!
- Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Operation 2, which was first available to play on July 26, 2018 in Japan, has finally surpassed 3 million downloads as of January 1, 2021! The previous PS3 title, Battle Operation, didn’t even reach 1.3 million downloads, but this title has more than doubled that, reaching 3 million downloads. This is all thanks to everyone who has been enjoying GBO2 so far. Thank you so much!!
- In order to express our gratitude for all of your support, starting from February 25th, we will be launching the “3 Million Download Thank You Campaign!”
- ■”3 Million Download Thank You Campaign” will be held!!!
- ★Log in every day to get incredible rewards! 3 Million DL Thank You Login Bonus!
- Under the title of “3 Million DL Thank You Login Bonus,” depending on the number of days you log in during the period, you will receive:
- ・Gundam Mk-II LV1
・Hyaku Shiki LV1
・Recycle Tickets: 300
・Mechanics Tickets[★★★] 150
・Mechanics Tickets[★★] 150
- If you have 300 Recycle Tickets and 300,000 DP, you can exchange them for various items at the Supply Counter, or you can use 30 tokens to try to get new aircraft, so please log in during this period! The two Mobile Suits you will receive are also popular Mobile Suits that rank high in their cost category, so they should be easy to handle. (As a side note, the parameters of the Hyaku Shiki will be revised in an update on the same day.)
- Stay tuned for more details on all the bonuses and rewards for the 3 Million Download Campaign!
- ■To all the new recruits who are about to start GBO2!
- At the time of the 1,000,000 and 2,000,000 DL achievements, people who had not yet touched GBO2 became interested with the game, and that’s why we were able to reach 3,000,000 DL this time. In order to continue the long term operation of GBO2, I think it is important to not only add new elements for the veteran pilots, but also to make it possible for the newer pilots to enjoy the game even more now. The next new addition makes it easier for new recruits to join in and get up to speed, so if you’ve wanted to invite a friend to join you in GBO2, now’s the perfect time!
- ■The first seven days of the game are a “Start Dash” period! Let’s catch up with the veterans!
- After the next update, we have made changes for the first seven days of play from first login, which will help our new recruits get into the game and become veterans in no time flat. If you have any friends who haven’t started GBO2 yet, I hope you’ll take this opportunity to invite them over!
- ◎Bonuses during the “Start Dash” period
- ・Basic rewards increased 5 times!
- ⇒ 5 times the amount of “DP”, “EXP”, and “CP” you can earn after a battle
DP ：Development points required for exchange of goods, etc. EXP ：Experience points required to promote a rank CP ：Points needed to level up your clan.
- ・The survey team’s container detection rate will be 100% for the entire duration!
- ⇒ You can be sure to get “container rewards” that can be obtained at a certain rate after a battle.
- ※For more information on container rewards for research units, please click here.
- ・The rewards for daily missions will be tripled!
- ⇒ The number of tokens you can get from daily missions will be increased from 1 to 3.
- From looking at the data, we see that new recruits often may get confused early on, but once a player masters the controls of the training center or battle simulator, they are well on their way to being a veteran of GBO2. In addition to the bonuses for the first seven days, we have updated early missions- both veterans and new recruits alike will receive “Orders: New Recruit Support Mission!
- ■New mission for new recruits! Orders: New Recruit Support Mission
- Starting a new game can be stressful, so now you can always go back to these new orders! And veterans, if you encounter any new recruits struggling, be sure to tell them about these new orders! There are “STEPS” in the Orders, and by completing all three requirements of each STEP, you’ll receive a reward and move on to the next STEP!
You can check the contents of the orders that are currently being issued from anywhere in the base camp by clicking on the OPTIONS button. In the next update, only the “New Recruit Support Mission” for new recruits has been issued, but we hope to add more orders in the future, so please look forward to them as well.
- The orders in “Orders: New Recruit Support Mission” are as follows:
- ・Complete three “Elementary Training” missions
・Complete the battle simulator within 08:00
・Complete two sorties in battle
- These are easy-to-clear, recommended content for pilots who are just starting. You’ll also receive rewards such as MS and 100 recycle tickets, so I highly recommend you give it a try! This directive will be issued to all pilots, not just new recruits, so even veterans can challenge it! (I’m sure you’ll clear it easily, though!)
- ■For those just starting out – “Limited-time revived Supply Drop”
- The main means of acquiring Mobile Suits in GBO2 are:
- ①Obtaining them through Supply Drop (using tokens)
②Exchange them at the recycle counter (using recycle tickets)
③Exchange them at the DP exchange counter (using DP; requires a certain rank to exchange)
④Acquired from containers found by survey teams after battle
- These are the four ways to acquire a Mobile Suit in GBO2.
- New Mobile Suits are first added to the Supply Drop (and are available in survey team containers with a low probability). They will later be available at the Recycle Counter. After that, you will be able acquire a Mobile Suit through exchanging at the DP counter.
- ①New MS will be added to the Supply Drop every week, and at the same time, past Mobile Suits will rotate in and out of the Supply Drop line up.
- The number of MS added to the Supply Drop so far (including LV) = approx. 640
The number of MS excluded from the Supply Drop (including LV) as of now = about 350
※As of Feb. 18, 2021
- For the first time, a new style of Supply Drop “Limited-Time Revived” will be added.
- In this new Supply Drop, Mobile Suits that are not normally available will be added. Most of them can be exchanged if you have a recycle tickets or DP, so we’ve added a variety of extras.
- First of all, in STEP 1, all 10 stacks are ★MS, but you get 50,000 DP as a bonus.
Also, only STEP 1 can be requested for free (no tokens required), STEP 2 (30 tokens required) will give you 10 ★MS in a row, with 250,000 DP as an extra, and STEP 3 (30 tokens required) will give you 10 ★MS in a row, with 500,000 DP as an extra. If you’re just starting out, STEP 3 is a great opportunity to get 10 ★★MS at once, so please consider it!
All pilots, not just new recruits, can request this STEP UP, but the lineup is different from the regular Supply Drop, so please be careful about that!
- We have introduced the following:
- ・The introduction of new Mobile Suit ‘Geymalk’
・3 Million Download Rewards Campaign
・New! Orders: New Recruiter Support Mission
・Orders: New Recruit Support Mission
・Revived Supply Drop STEP UP for a limited time
・ Implementation of MS adjustment
- The update file containing the following items is scheduled to be released on Thursday, February 25, at 2:00pm[JST], 6:00am[CET], Wednesday, February 24th, at 9:00pm[PST]. The world is still in a state of flux, but we will continue to develop GBO2 so that it can add a little more fun to our daily lives. Thank you for your continued support! (Development Director, Kanbe)