[Developer Newsletter] Regarding the update in December 2020
- ■ [PST] 12/15/2020 1:00
- [CEST] 12/15/2020 10:00
- Hello, pilots! My name is Kanbe and I am the Development Director.
- “GBO Winter Festival 2020” is currently underway!
- Have you gotten your hands on the New MS Agg [ML] that can be obtained from the limited-time missions yet?
- Now is a good time to get in touch with GBO2 by receiving various other gifts, so I hope you will take this opportunity to play with us.
- This December, we received the “PlayStation Partner Awards 2020” for GBO2 at the PlayStation Partner Awards 2020 Japan Asia, a festival that honors titles released in the PlayStation format. It is thanks to all of you who are still playing the game that GBO2 was able to win the award in its third year. Thank you so much!
- We are also holding a small “PlayStation Partner Awards 2020 Commemorative Campaign” .
- I hope you will enjoy this as well.
- And in December, we’ll be introducing even more new elements, so let’s get to it!
- ■ The new MS “Ex-S Gundam” has finally arrived!
- The FAZZ, Zeta Plus, and Xekueins series have already made their appearance, but f inally, the main unit from the “Gundam Sentinel” is here!
- In GBO 2, the S-Gundam will be joined by the “Ex-S Gundam” , a unit with additional reinforced parts.
* 00, the S in S-Gundam is an acronym for “Superior.
- Ahead of its official release, we’ll be showing off some of the skills and weapons of the Ex-S Gundam!
- ・ [Skill] Chest I-Field
When the chest is hit by a beam attack, the damage to the unit’s HP and damage reactions are reduced.
- ・ [Skill] Ability UP “ALICE
When the unit HP falls below a certain value, the skill will automatically activate and the unit’s mobility will increase.
- ・ [Skill] Transform (Flight)
Transform into a long-distance cruising form of “G Cruiser” by pressing the touchpad button.
- ・ [Weapon] Reflector Incom x2
The beam fired from the beam smart gun is reflected by the Reflector Incom, and the beam lands on the enemy unit.
The beam’s trajectory is difficult to read, making it an irregular attack.
- * This feature is under development, and final product may differ.
- ■ Battle simulator, all missions redesigned!
- “Battle Simulator” was implemented in March 2020 as content that can be played by a single player.
In the December update, we will update all the missions of that battle simulator.
- ■ TRIAL “The Pezun Rebellion”
- TRIAL is a mission that allows you to test drive and play with an MS that you do not yet own.
This time, for the first time in a battle simulator, we have prepared a “space” mission! Space battles are different from ground battles Space battles are different in terms of behavior and speed, and require more precise aiming, making them a battlefield that requires even more player skill. If you’re not a fan of space battles, I hope you’ll practice with this simulator . And, as you may have noticed from the title, this mission is based on the “Gundam Sentinel” theme!
Not only will you be able to play space battles by yourself, but you’ll also be able to test drive the new Ex- S Gundam,FAZZ and Zeta Plus C1, which will be organized in the image of the original Alpha Mission Unit. You can experience a battlefield where high-force shooting attacks intersect over and over again, facing an enemy team formed by MS such as the Xekueins series.
- ■ SURVIVAL “GM Genealogy”
- SURVIVAL, a mission to destroy the MS that is constantly attacking us.
The theme of this SURVIVAL will be “GM” . GM was developed by the Earth Federation Forces during the One Year War and various variations were born.
After the One Year War, In this mission, you will experience the beauty and horror of the GM series. Can you survive the battle against the performance of the unit declined relatively, but the unit was repeatedly updated and continued to support the Earth Federation Forces for a long time.
highly versatile GM series?
- ■ BOSS “The Falling Sky”
- BOSS, as the name implies, is a mission aimed at destroying bosses (giant MS, MA, etc.).
This time, the successor to the “Psycho Gundam”, the “Psycho Gundam Mk-II” that appeared in “Mobile Suit” Zeta Gundam “and” Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ “will be making an appearance! It is the successor to the” Psycho Gundam “and has updated weapons.
In this issue, I would like to introduce some of them.
- ◇ Reflector bits
- It deploys reflector bits around it and attacks from all directions by reflecting beams off the bits.
If evasion is difficult, hiding behind a building or other structure is effective.
- ◇ Counter Attack
- This time, the “Psycho Gundam Mk-II” will counter the player’s attacks.
A head-on attack will result in a strong counter attack.
- ◇ Large psychom Beam Sword
- This is a powerful attack that shoots a powerful Beam Sword forward.
When you see the preliminary motion of firing, take evasive action by using emergency evasion or move fast to keep your distance.
- It also has other means of attack, but you’ll have to experience them firsthand.
I’ve even prepared a little video for you!
- * This feature is under development, and final product may differ.
- ■ “GUNDAM FACTORY YOKOHAMA” at the Base Camp ?!
- “GUNDAM FACTORY YOKOHAMA” will open in Yokohama from December 19, 2020.
I’m looking forward to seeing the 1/1 full-scale Gundam in action up close, as well as enjoying the cafe and exhibition facilities.
- And the centerpiece of this “GUNDAM FACTORY YOKOHAMA” is the “GUNDAM-DOCK” that houses the Gundam.
It will also appear in the base camp of GBO 2!
- In addition, you can climb the GUNDAM-DOCK TOWER just like the real GUNDAM-DOCK. (Unlike the real thing, you don’t need to buy a separate ticket. LOL)
- Furthermore, to commemorate the collaboration with “GUNDAM FACTORY YOKOHAMA”, we have prepared a gift of a collaboration T-shirt for avatars for everyone who logs in during the period!
- I hope you can get a taste of the “GUNDAM FACTORY YOKOHAMA” before your actual visit!
- ■ About the report function
- One of the current problems in GBO 2 is “Unsportsmanlike behavior”.
As this is a game where a large number of players gather to play together, so any selfish behavior by any person or any behavior that is malicious to others should be avoided under any circumstances.
- While the system had penalized some behaviors such as leaving the game midway, we have decided to implement a new “Report function” to curb the frequency of other unsportsmanlike behaviors.
- The “Report” function will allow you to report any unsportsmanlike behavior you encounter during a battle to the management.
You will be able to select the player who caused the problem on the result screen after the battle and report them.
- The following are the two reportable behaviors, that will be immediately available after implementation.
* We will continue to add to this list as needed.
- ◇ Unsportsmanlike behavior ①: Nonparticipation in combat
Players who abandon the battle or continue to act uncooperatively, such as through inactivity during the battle, fall under this category.
- ◇ Unsportsmanlike behavior ②: Spam chat
Players who repeatedly chat in a way that discourages or incites their allies to fight.
- We will carefully examine all reports from players, and if we determine that a player is causing trouble, we will suspend the player without notice.
(* The details of the criteria will not be disclosed, but we will be investigating the behavioral logs of multiple battles to see if players are causing trouble.)
- I think it’s a shame that players who are playing normally are inconvenienced, so we will implement strict measures.
We believe that you will cooperate with us for the future of GBO 2.
Let’s help each other out.
- ■ Closing Words
- An update to the content presented so far is scheduled for Thursday, December 17 at 2:00 pm (JST) .
- We would like to inform you in advance that the “various parameter adjustments”, which is carried out once every 1-1.5 months in conjunction with the release of the update files, will be carried out one week later on Thursday, December 24 (JST) ) to allow time for adjustments and the compilation of the reported data. Thank you for your understanding.
- This will be the last Developer Newsletter for 2020.
- The year 2020 is a year that no one could have predicted due to the Coronavirus. It was also a year when the development team had to spend a lot of time building a new development environment and adapting to it, but the staff worked hard and managed to keep the weekly update schedule.
- The last Thursday of 2020 is December 31.
Of course, we are preparing an update for this day as well. Please stay tuned.
- Thanks to your support, the year 2020 was a year in which more people played GBO 2 than in the previous year.
I’m very happy to see that more people are playing GBO2 in the third year than in the second year, because this if the number of players doesn’t increase, the game will decline, so we are preparing. On the other hand, we are aware that there are some existing players who feel unsatisfied with the game and the content for new players, but at the same time, we will put even more effort into making improvements and adjustments that will make long-time players want to play even more, so that we can gradually reduce the dissatisfaction and increase the level of satisfaction in the future.
We will continue to update the game so that GBO2 can continue to be a part of each pilot’s daily life in 2021, so please continue to support GBO2!
Development Director, Kanbe