[Developer Newsletter] Regarding the update in late November 2020
- ■ [PST] 2020/11/24 2:00
- [CEST] 2020/11/24 11:00
- ■ Introduction
- Hello, pilots!
Finally, PS5 has been released! Since I was able to purchase only a PS5 controller, I have been imagining playing the console with this controller every day …
Long time no see, I’m Ota, Unit Action Manager .
- The new year is less than two months away, and as usual, GBO2 is preparing various campaigns for the end of the year, but before that, we would like to introduce a new element that will change the way you play on the battlefield, the “Series Battle” , which will be implemented soon.
- ■ What is Series Battle
- Series Battle is a type of “sortie condition” that limits the number of MS that can be launched on the battlefield based on the era they appear in, in addition to the regular “cost limit”.
And we have several series of battles, such as “The One Year War” and ” 08th MS Team “.
- For example, there is “The One Year War”, a series of battles in which only MS that were active in or related to the One Year War era can be launched.
So Gundams and Zaku II from the One Year War era can be launched, while the Z Gundam and Qubeley, which appeared in the Gryps War era (Z Gundam), are not allowed to be launched.
- The addition of a simple “sortie condition” can alter game choices, for example:
- ・ “In the case of this series of battles, what kind of MS formation should be?”
・ “It is necessary to rethink the choice of MS, tactics and standings, and to change the Battlefield ”
- · “Since there are no stealth units that we always see, the possibility of a surprise attack from the rear is low.”
- ■ How to play
- Series Battle can basically be played in custom matches .
The “Series Battle” will be added to the room search criteria,
so you can search and select the “Series Battle” you want to play and enter the room.
- Quick Matches will also be open for “Series Battle”.
The frequency is scheduled to be about five times per day, and it is expected to appear about every two to four hours. In Quick Matches, you can continue to play by selecting the battlefield You want to go into.
However, please note that you will not be able to enter the room unless you have MS that can be launched on that battlefield.
- * Details will be explained in later.
- ■ Series Battle line up
- That’s it for now for a brief overview and how to play.
Next, comes the introduction of the lineup for the Battle Series.
- [Launchable MS ・ Characteristics]
・ You can go to sortie with MS (produced or active in this era, etc.) that have relevance to the One Year War era .
- ・ In the original work, many MS have been developed during the One Year War era.
Therefore, more than 140 types of MS can be launched in this Series Battle, the largest number in the current Series Battle (as of November 24, 2020).
You can enjoy a slightly nostalgic and richly varied battlefield, as units developed after The One Year War are basically not allowed to go into battle. For example: Gundam, Early Production Gelgoog, Gundam Ground Type, Zudah, Gundam Pixie, Act Zaku, etc.
- [Launchable MS]
・You can go into battle with MS that appeared in or related to the anime “Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team” .
・Since the battles basically take place on the ground, the main battlefield of this Battle Series will be on the ground. For example: Gundam Ez8, Gouf Custom, Acguy, GM Ground Type [08MS], etc.
- [Launchable MS]
・You can go into battle with MS that appeared in or related to “Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket” .
・Basically, the lineup consists of MS that appeared in the original story, so after the battle, you may want to review the anime …
- For example: Alex, Kämpfer, GM Sniper II, Gelgoog J, Z’Gok E, etc.
- 【Launchable MS】
・You can go into battle with MS that appeared in or related to “Mobile Suit Gundam Gaiden: Rise from the Ashes” .
- For example, GM Sniper II [White Dingo], Guncannon Mass Production Type, Gelgoog Ground Type (VD), Gouf, etc.
- 【Launchable MS】
・You can go into battle with MS that appeared in or related to the post One Year War – Delaz conflict era.
・At COST 550 and above, this is the battlefield where units with excellent airborne maneuverability due to the skill “Flight Control Program Lv 2” begin to appear.
- For example: Gundam GP01, Gelgoog M, Zaku II F2, G-Line, etc.
- ■Closing Words
- I think this kind of play imposing MS sortie conditions is already enjoyed as a local rule in custom matches.
The reason why we added these rules from the development side is not only to “add a change to the battlefield”,
but also to increase the opportunities for people to “enjoy piloting a variety of units”.
- Thanks to this, GBO2 now has over 200 different types of units, and if you include the different levels of units, there are over 600 different types.
It’s a good thing that there are so many options to choose from, but on the other hand, it also means that you will have fewer opportunities to pilot many different types of units.
Therefore, we will provide you with an opportunity to play with units that were available and appeared in the past, but have not been used recently (Series Battle).
We hope you will enjoy a slightly different battlefield with a nostalgic unit.
- The above information will be available after the release of the update file at
14:00 on Thursday, November 26 (scheduled).
- Finally, we want the “Series Battle” to be accessible to as many players as possible, so we plan to keep them open all the time in quick matches from 2:00 -24:00 hours on the day of the update .
In addition, we are planning to expand the lineup of the Series Battle, and we are considering adding them to the Rating Matches. That’s all for now, please continue to enjoy your GBO life!