[Developer Newsletter] Regarding the Update of Late January
- ■[PST] 01/24/2023 01:00
■[CET] 01/24/2023 10:00
- ■First of all,
- Greetings to all Pilots! I’m Ishii from the Development.
Apologies for the delay but, Happy New Year to everyone!
Be sure to enjoy GBO2 this year too!
- Well then, ““Mobile Suit Gundam Hathaway TV Edition”s 2nd Episode has just been aired in Japan.
As we are slowly approaching the spring, “Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt” TV Edition, “Mobile Suit Gundam NT” TV Edition will be aired consecutively every week.
I can’t help but look forward to Sundays!
- Since we’ll be holding Special Campaigns for each work, be sure to look forward to it.
- I’ll be delivering various information about this Month’s Update from now on!
- ■New MS “ReZEL Type-C [Defenser b-Unit]” is scheduled to join the fray!
- “Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn”s, “ReZEL Type-C [Defenser b-Unit]” appears!
We will now introduce the features and performance of the Unit, prior to its official release.
- ＜Unit Description＞
- ・Original Source “Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn”, Sortie Limit “Ground/Space”, Support Unit with Cost of 650.
- ・Equipment variation of the ace version of the ReZEL Type-C.
- ・This Type-C is mainly stationed on the General Revil flagship of the EFF orbital fleet and comes with a Defenser b-Unit on its backpack that improves its long-range capabilities.
- ・Its basic armaments are from the ReZEL, and equipped with highly versatile weapons such as Beam Rifles, Sabers, Head vulcans, and Beam Cannon.
Furthermore, it has high fire support capability due to having a Mega Beam Launcher on its back.
- ・Also, by taking advantage of the mobility provided by the Waverider, self-defense and battle capabilities can be expected to be improved.
- ・Can be deployed both on the Ground and in Space.
- ※This video may not be representative of the actual product.
- ■Fixes of Existing Elements
- ●Fixes of Existing MS
- We will explain the overall adjustments in the information to be released at a later date, however we would like to introduce some of the MS modifications.
- ・Gundam Mk-V: Granted the new Skill “Optimized Shield Booster”
- Utilizing the original setup, that is normally equipped with a shield that has a booster function,
adjustments will be made alongside with the implementation of New Skill “Optimized Shield Booster LV1”.
It can also be expected to play an active role as a guerrilla attacks, while taking advantage of its high mobility.
- ■Skill “Optimized Shield Booster LV1”
The following effects are activated only when the shield is in possession.
・Increases High Speed Movement.
・Reduces thruster consumption at the start of and during High Speed Movement.
・Additional mid-air actions are available. (Consume thruster to move faster, Jump available)
also, reducing thruster consumption during these moves.
- ●Cost Limit: Adjustment of Re-Sortie Time for High Cost Units
- GBO2 has the function of “Re-Sortie Time”, meaning that higher the Cost of your own Unit, the more time you have to wait before launching again when your Unit is destroyed by the enemy.
- This was implemented in order to balance the Cost differences between MSs.
However, by the current battle rules, especially the rating matches / quick matches are cost Limited battles that are played between players with almost the same cost.
(Rating Match: Up to -50 Sortie Possible, Quick Match / Custom Match: Up to -100 Sortie Possible)
In addition, we have decided to shorten the waiting time before Re-Sortie in order to increase the amount of time that MS can be played in one battle and to make it easier to play High Cost battles such as, Cost 700.
- ※ “Cost Limit” and “Mix Up” rules remain unchanged from the pre-update wait times.
- ●Icon Display during Psycommu Jack
- Special Icon will now be displayed when enemy Unicorn Gundam／Banshee／Phenex NT receives “Psycommu Jack” during transformation.
- Up until now, it wasn’t possible understand when someone was in Psycommu Jack status unless it was switched to Psycommu Weapons.
But with the new feature, it will now be possible to check the timing of the effect and its continuous status even during Weapons like Beam Rifles.
- ※Icon will only be displayed with MS that are equipped with Psycommu Equipments.
- ■Last but not least
- All of the Update file contents are introduced here are scheduled to be implemented on [PST] 01/25/2023 21:00 / [CET] 01/26/2023 06:00, so be sure to stay tuned.
- We have also received a variety of comments and requests from you since the release of the recent Developer Newsletter. Thank you very much.
The development team will use your valuable opinions and requests to make GBO2 even better than before.
- Well then dear Pilots, let’s meet again on the battlefield.
- （(Development: Ishii)